How is it Thursday already?! Of course, I’m glad it’s Thursday, because that means tomorrow is Frriiidaayy! But, I need this week to slow down! I’ve got lots to do before this weekend rolls around! I’ll fill you in on that in a bit.
Since today IS Thursday, I’m going to participate in Amanda’s Thinking Out Loud par-tay today. My brain is pretty much always a mumbled, jumbled mess, so this is perfect for me.
1. I may or may not have a problem.
And I may or may not have almost had a crisis on my hands the other day. Good thing I stopped by the store to restock my “stash.”
2. My sister came in town today to attend a “meet and greet” with my school system. In my dreams, she would get a job at my school and teach next door to me. Never say never, right?!
3. On my “mental health” day last week, I decided to paint my nails for the first time in forever. I LOVE the polish color! My sister gave it to me for Christmas, and I kinda forgot about it (gasp! I know…). It’s Essie- Lady Like.
4. Why is that I can never have a leisurely drive to work in the mornings? I feel like no matter when I leave, I’m always in a race. Maybe it’s the competitor in me? I don’t know.
5. So, this weekend we are celebrating my mom’s 50th birthday! It’s kind of a surprise. She knows we’re having a family get together, but it’s going to be a bit bigger than she expects. Seeing as my dad is taking her to the beach for her birthday, and they headed down yesterday, I’m left in a bit in charge – with lots of help from the siblings of course. Hence the reason I need the week to slow down juuuuust a bit. I’ve got lots to do…including setting up a candy bar similar to this one I found on pinterest.
I’m also planning to make a board like this one…
In addition to making some cupcakes, a banner, a book from all of us kids, among a few other odds and ends. (I know she won’t be able to read this, so, I’m safe posting it! ) I’d better get busy!
6. I wanted a quick workout to do the other day. I came across this one from Popsugar. I mistakenly thought it would be quick and painless. It was quick, but it was deceivingly more challenging than I assumed.
7. I typically don’t require much sleep (thanks dad), but I know I haven’t been getting enough lately. I always have good intentions of getting to bed early, but it just never happens. Recently I haven’t been falling asleep until about 11 or 11:30, and I’m back up at 5:15-5:30. Walking zombie much?
8. Does anyone watch American Idol any more? I had the TV on last night while I was prepping my lunch and waiting for John to get home from his tennis match, and American Idol happened to be on. I remember watching it religiously back when I was in high school/college. I haven’t seen it in years, but is there still the following that there was 5 or 6 years ago?
9. I’m a little hesitant to say this, but I think we’re officially past the cold weather. Woo Hoo!!! Every day this week, the highs have been in the 80s. Thank goodness! I’m ready for summer!
10. I don’t really have a tenth thing to add, but I really didn’t want to stop on #9, so…
Have a fabulous day friends!
1. Do you chew gum? What’s your favorite brand/flavor?
2. What is a quick, yet challenging, workout you’ve done lately? I’m always in need of a quick, sweaty sesh.
3. How much sleep do you typically get?