This week has been a doozy for me, so I’m welcoming the weekend with open arms. Not to mention, it’s Easter weekend and I’ll be spending some time at home with my family.
John and I are headed to my parents house Saturday afternoon to spend the night, see what the Easter Bunny brings , head to Easter morning church service, and then back to my parent’s house for Easter lunch with the extended fam. It will make for a busy weekend, but, it’s good busy, not bad busy.
Last week I enjoyed sharing my plans for the weekend, favorite pins from the week, and posts I loved. So, I figured go ahead and share round 2 of Plans, Pins, and Posts.
1. Piles (and piles and piles and piles) of laundry to do. Seriously.
2. Another reason I’m loving this Friday? I took a much needed “mental health” day off from work. Y’all, I have been so tired, so worn down, and lacking all energy. There happened not to be much going on at school this Friday, so I made the decision yesterday – after lunch when my class was driving me absolutely crazy! – that I needed a day off. I realized that the only day I’ve taken off all year was when I had a cyst on my lip that had to be removed. Yep, 1 day way back in October. I desperately needed a day off!
As much as I love taking a day off, it’s a lot of work. Check out all those sticky notes and plans, not to mention things I’ll have to grade upon my return. But, it’s TOTALLY worth it!
3. Getting this house clean! See #2. Cleanliness of our house has totally gone out the window. And being the Type A personality that I am, it’s making me slightly bonkers. I’m so glad to have time to get.it.clean.
4. Headed home for Easter! And dying some eggs. You’re never too old.
5. Date night in with my hubby! We will be out of town for the next 4 straight weekends (!!!), so I’ll take some alone time when I can get it!
This was yet another week when I was on Pinterest a little more than the norm. These are some of my favorite pins I found this week.
Love this! One day in my future home…
Did this workout this week via Julie, and it was a good one!
My mom’s 50th birthday is a week from Monday, so in perusing party ideas, I came across this. I love the idea of it.
Unfortunately, I don’t have nearly enough time to read blogs as I’d like, but here are a handful of “read worthy” posts I loved this week.
Managing Finances as a Couple (without a formal budget) – Great post by Emily about how to manage your money as a married couple, without a strict budget. Some really good tips!
My Eating Habits – I love Annette’s blog! I love how she doesn’t apologize for her eats. It’s really all about the balance of delicious AND nutritious foods with super delicious and not quite as nutritious foods!
WIAW- food rules – YES!!! Who made up all these crazy rules, anyway?? I definitely fall victim to them though. Robyn’s post really reminded me that food rules are pointless.
Hypothalamic Amenorrhea Post Pregnancy – I loved reading about how Ashley has taken care of and honored her body, and in turn, it respected her self-care.
It’s Not Always Rainbows and Butterflies – Brittany wrote a beautiful post about what to do and where to turn when things don’t always go as expected and it seems we can’t handle it any more.
Grace & truth – A must read!
And on that, I’m off to enjoy the rest of my day! I think I could totally rock this “stay-at-home-wife” thing.
I hope you all have a very Happy Easter!