1. Don’t you just love family time? My mom, one of my sisters, and one of my brothers drove down for the day yesterday, and I just love spending time with them. We have so much fun together and constantly keep each other laughing.
2. Sometimes, I just hate the fact that I have such a hard time letting go of control and just living. Do you ever struggle with this? I know it would make life so much easier if I’d just lighten up and let go sometimes. I’m oh-so-much better than I used to be, but I’m definitely still working on it. #lifeisforliving (my family thinks it’s hilarious to add random hashtags to our conversations…)
3. My little brother is no longer little. He’s officially taller than me – by a lot. And he’s pretty cute too, ladies…if anyone is looking for a sweet, generous, super-fun 15 year-old.
4. Speaking of my baby brother, he ended up spending the night with us last night! He’s so fun and we love having him around. My sister and mom had to go back to Birmingham. I asked Jake if he wanted to stay, and of course he said yes. I am his favorite sister, after all. My husband turns into a little boy when he’s around. They spend the whole evening playing video games, looking up cheats, and discussing deep issues like how to outrun the police.
teaching my sister how to play before she left (ignore the junk, please)
5. I am OBSESSED with the china cabinet we refinished yesterday! I mentioned that my mom had bought it for me, and she was coming down to help me paint and re-do it. It turned out SO well! Here’s a sneak peak…
I decided to let it dry overnight before painting one last, final coat. I’ll post a picture of the finished product soon, hopefully!
6. I’ve mentioned it before, but is it weird that I have a Pinterest board entitled “When I plan my sisters’ weddings”? I find so many beautiful things and ideas that I love! And since I clearly can’t use them, they’ll get to benefit.
7. On that note, is anyone else glad they didn’t have Pinterest around when they got married? I had a hard enough time making decisions…I’d never have been able to decide on anything if I had Pinterest at my disposal! Heck, it’s hard enough now to decide on a recipe I want to make or a workout I want to do!
8. These made me laugh, and since we all need a good laugh every once in a while, I thought I’d share.
This made me laugh so hard!
9. How is it already Thursday of my spring break!? And why, oh why, can’t regular weeks go by this fast?! I guess the good news is there are only 2 months left until summer.
10.John and I have been talking about taking a vacation this summer. We always go to the beach with my family, so we want to go somewhere OTHER than the beach. Some places we’ve talked about…Charleston, SC or Savannah, GA, Disney World, Las Vegas, New York City, a cruise (possibly). I’d love to hear from you! What are some the best vacations you’ve been on??
And, with that, I’m off to get in a workout and soak of the last bits of spring break! Have a great on friends!
1. What are some things that have made you laugh recently?
2. Vacations! Tell me what you’ve loved…
3. What are you looking forward to in the next few months? Summer! I don’t know what it’s been about this year, but these students are SO much more immature than in the past. This sounds awful, and I DO love my kiddos, but I’m ready for the year to be over.