On this day, 3 (very) short years ago I married my best friend, the love of my life, and the man I am blessed to call my husband.
He is truly more than I could have ever imagined in a husband. He loves me unconditionally, despite seeing me at my worst. He is always my steady rock in various storms of emotions, challenges, and changes. I am beyond blessed that he is the man God chose as my husband.
He is such an example to me of putting others before himself, patience, and compassion. He is truly my better half, and I am definitely better because of him. Although we’ve definitely had our bad days, hard times, and difficult challenges, we’re now stronger because of those times. On the other side of those hard times, my love is now so much stronger and deeper than I ever imagined possible.
I love you John! You are my and forever and I will love you always.
Today’s going to be short and sweet. I wanted to leave you with a delicious recipe that I made for our Sunday School breakfast over the weekend. It was a huge hit, and we are finishing off what’s left…much quicker than I’d like! 😉
Sweet Breakfast Trifle
- 2 cups Original Bisquick mix
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups fresh strawberries, cut into quarters
- 1/2 cup red currant jelly, melted
- 2 packages (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream
- Heat griddle to 375 F or 12-inch skillet over medium-low heat. (To test griddle, sprinkle with a few drops of water. If bubbles jump around, heat is just right.) Grease griddle with vegetable oil if necessary.
- In large bowl, mix Bisquick mix, milk and eggs until blended. For each pancake, pour slightly less than 1/4 cupfuls onto hot griddle. Cook until edges are dry. Turn; cook until golden. Cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, toss strawberries with melted jelly to coat.
- In large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth; slowly add whipping cream. Increase mixer speed to high and beat until light and fluffy.
- In 3 1/2-quart glass trifle bowl, arrange half the pancakes in bottom. Set aside 1 cup of the cream cheese mixture. Spoon half of the remaining cream cheese mixture over pancakes; top with half of the strawberry mixture. Repeat with remaining pancakes, cream cheese and strawberry mixture. Top with reserved 1 cup of cream cheese mixture. Garnish with additional berries and mint, if desired.
1. Are you married or in a relationship? Tell me a quality or 2 that you love about your special one!
2. Tell me something positive about your day today!