I’ve had SO much going through my brain recently. I love these random posts where I can do a “brain dump.”
1. Thank you so much for your feedback on this post. It seems like lots of you fall into the same trap I do…trying to do it all, which in turn leads to lots of worry and exhaustion. Gees, I need a reminder to let it go daily hourly!
2. I have a serious problem. I started folding this laundry on Monday. It’s still not folded, in fact, I haven’t touched it once. Oops. Just practicing what I preach?? Can’t do it all!
3. This week is Read Across America week. It coincides with Dr. Suess’s birthday (March 2nd) each year. To celebrate, we are encouraged to invite special guest readers to our classrooms. Look who came to read to my class yesterday! My mom and brother!! The kids were SO excited and so was I! Mom read Horton Hears a Who. We then watched the movie, during which my mom and brother helped a few kids at a time make a pencil craft designed to look like a clover from the book. Seriously too cute!
4. Speaking of my brother, I’m pretty sure he’s grown 6 inches since I’ve seen him! The baby of the family is officially taller than me. Not such a baby anymore, I suppose.
5. John had his first tennis match last night! He’s playing in a local league, and excited to get back to playing competitively. Since it’s chilly and damp outside, I sweetly told him I’d be his cheerleader on a warmer day!
7. So, you guys have heard of the recent scam that happened at Target over the holidays? Where a lot of their credit card machines were compromised? Well, I got an email from my bank yesterday telling me that my card was potentially compromised, thus they are issuing new cards to all those potentially effected. I’m BEYOND grateful that they watch out for their clients, however, I’m a little bummed that I’m going to have to learn a new PIN number and I’ve got to re-set all my automated payments with the new card number/exp. date/security code. Kinda stinks. I hope I don’t forget one!!
8. Try these. Seriously.
9. I’ve been curling my hair a lot recently, and I totally love it! I always thought that it would take too long to do or that my thick hair would pull out the curls. But, you guys…it doesn’t! I’m loving that I can change it up from straight to curly from time to time.
10. Daylight Savings Time is this Saturday night. While I’m bummed to miss an hour of sleep, I’m super pumped that it’s going to start staying daylight longer!! Just another sign that spring is right around the corner!
1. What’s something that you’ve let go of this week because you can’t (and sometimes don’t want) to do it all?
2. Best workout you’ve done recently?
3. Would you rather… Give up breakfast foods for a year OR give up all things chocolate for a year? While both would totally suck, I think I’d choose chocolate…gasp! I do love my chocolate, but I think I need my breakfasts more!