Happy Friday to you!
For some reason this week has seemed to drag by.
I don’t know why, but I’ve been feeling kinda down lately. Maybe it’s pressures at work. Maybe it’s the general feeling of not being able to quite get it all together that I can’t seem to shake, or maybe it’s because I know I need to gain more weight, but the thought of doing so isn’t the most fun. Yeah, so that’s a drag.
Anyway, whenever I’m feeling down, I’ve found that it helps to list the things for which I’m grateful. This seems to take the focus off of what’s not going so great and puts it on the many blessings I have.
So, here’s the Five Things I’m grateful for on the Friday. <——— Linking up with Clare over at Fitting It All In today.
1. The hubs and I decided last night that we’re going to take a last minute little getaway this weekend! He’s so fun! I’ll be sure to take lots of pics. We’re going back to our college town to catch the gymnastics meet (we are usually ranked in the top 5), have dinner from our favorite spot, and then catch the tennis match on Saturday.
John is a really good tennis player and was the men’s tennis team’s manager and racquet stringer for a few years in college. He was even on scholarship. I’m excited to head back to the ole stomping ground!
2. My super sweet kiddos at school. As much as they drive me crazy, the make me laugh even more. Like today when we were break dancing to a “Contraction Rap” video.
4. My body’s ability to move! On those long days when I just want to zone out for a bit and not think about anything, getting a workout in is key. Working out allows me to focus on something other than the day’s problems and worries to focus on.
I’ve been following Gina’s Winter Shape Up the last 2 weeks, and I love it! If you haven’t checked it out, you need to! Short, sweet, and sweaty…doesn’t get much better, in my opinion.
5. Posts like these that offer encouragement and make me think.
WIAW Food Shaming and Comparison – I totally relate! What are your thoughts on this topic?
Food Phases – Since this is exactly what I wrote about on Wednesday, I’m loving that I’m not alone in my food rut! 😉
Controversy Over the Biggest Loser Finale – Danica was on it this week! Another great post from It’s Progression about the winner of the biggest loser. I was shocked by what I saw. What are your thoughts?
Don’t Ask Me to Lose 10 Pounds – great perspective about exercise and how losing weight may not be the way to truly make you happy with your self/body.
I want to know:
1. What do you do when you’re feeling a little down?
2. What are YOU thankful for this week?
3. What are your thoughts on the topics from the posts above?