Howdy Y’all! (Ok, I know I’m from Alabama, but I really do NOT talk like that.) Seeing that it’s Friday, I’m linking up with Clare again over at Fitting It All In. This seems to be becoming a regular thing around here. And I must say, I don’t hate it.😉
1. This has been the strangest week. Since the snowpocalypse hit Alabama on Tuesday, it has been nice and icy. In fact, yesterday afternoon was the first time it got above freezing, and that was only by about 2 degrees. Most roads are now safe and ice free.
BUT, part of my school district is in the rural parts of the county, and those roads are still icy. I got a phone call from my superintendent last night saying schools are closed again today!
What?! I mean, I’m not complaining, but wow! He said that he and the transportation director drove all the roads yesterday, and they didn’t feel they were all 100% safe for busses. After all the events that went on this week (1,000’s of kids stuck at school for 24+ hours, people stranded, etc) he didn’t feel comfortable putting even 1 child’s life at risk. I commend him for making a choice that probably wasn’t the most popular.
Soooo….another snow day for moi!
2. I made a trip to Hobby Lobby yesterday and got out of there for UNDER $20! I’m pretty sure that’s the first and last time for that!
What’s the deal with that store? I could walk around for hours, gazing at all the pretty things and dreaming up crafts that I’ll never actually do. Julie made an interesting comparison about how men feel about Hobby Lobby. It made me chuckle because I’m pretty sure it’s spot on!
Here are the goods I grabbed. I’m planning to do a little decorating in the ole master bath. I’ll be sure the share a pic of the finished product.
3. As someone struggling with recovery from an eating disorder, posts about food and exercise can sometimes be triggering (i.e.. make me want to restrict, eat lower calorie foods, or participate in extreme exercise to burn off what I’ve eaten). However, there are lots of ladies that I really respect for their approach to food, exercise, and positive body image.
I’ve loved some of the posts they’ve written lately. You should definitely check them out. They’re great reads, even if you are not struggling with any type of disordered eating/over-exercising or negative body image (although, I think all of us have struggled with this at some point).
4. My husband loves Reeces Cups. He swears the holiday shapes (you know, pumpkins for Halloween, trees for Christmas, hearts for Valentine’s Day, Eggs for Easter) are fresher than the normal cups.
Why? Because they were obviously JUST made, like last week, since they’re season specific. The true test of knowing whether or not it’s fresh Reeces Cup? Shake the little package. If it slides around inside the package on the little piece of cardboard, it’s super fresh. Are you a Reeces fan? Give it a try!
5. I really hate clutter…like these little piles that end up all around our house. Such a pet peeve of mine!
I think maybe I’m just OCD. My sweet husband, he probably doesn’t even realize it bothers me. He is seriously so good about trying to pick things up, and I’ve learned to leave the clutter for a few days to give him the opportunity to pick it up (it’s not really fair to complain when I don’t give him a chance to pick up the junk). But, sometimes I can’t deal.😉
Have a fabulous Friday friends, and a wonderful weekend! (how’s that for some alliteration?!)
1. Share a great post you’ve read recently!
2. Do you like Reeces? I’m not a big fan myself. What is YOUR favorite candy? I’m honestly not a huge sweets fan, but I’ll take dark chocolate any day!
3. What is one of your pet peeves?