Hi lovely ladies (and gentlemen?)!
I’m exhausted, so I’m going to keep this short and sweet.
After school on Wednesday, I had therapy and nutritionist appointments to continue in my recovery efforts for my disordered eating. I love meeting with these 2 incredible women God has placed in my life to help me and guide me through this journey, but I DON’T love the hour and a half commute there and the hour and a half back. BLAH!
Anyway, I’m beat. So, since Thursday is for Thinking Out Loud, here it goes.
1. I’m totally digging quinoa lately. This Quinoa, black beans, corn, and spinach recipe is to die for!
So is this Cheesy Greek-style Quinoa. Both have made appearances around here over the past week.
2. Printed leggings might just be the “yoga/sweat pants” of the real world. My mother – in – law bought me 2 paris this past weekend and I have worn them both already this week. Seriously the most comfortable “pants” (can you even call them that?) I have.
3. I have morning bus duty at school this week and it totally stinks. I have to be there, signed in, and at my “spot” (the area I’m in charge of monitoring) by 7am. On the other hand though, I get lots of grading done while I’m “watching” the kids. Hmmm..I figure they’ve been at this whole school thing for 1/2 a year now. They should know the drill.
4. I’m totally sleep deprived this week. Maybe that’s why this 4 day week is dragging by? Seriously, 4 day weeks are awesome, except when you have to cram 5 days into 4. Boo.
5. Tomorrow is class picture day! Funny how things change…I could totally care less about: my outfit, my hair, my jewelry, etc., etc. Ask my 5th grade self, and class picture day was second only to yearbook picture day in terms of looking *awesome* 😉
6. I’ve been getting the cutest texts with pictures of my sweet niece. She is such a doll! I can’t wait to get my hands on her again! Aunt Sarah loves you Kennedy!
7. Since I’m currently not running or doing any high intensity workouts, I sometimes have a hard time deciding what exactly I want to do when it comes to working out. I’ve really been loving pilates and barre type workouts. Do you have any suggestions of other workouts that would be good? Or DVDs that would be beneficial?
8. Speaking of exercise, I sometimes fall into the “Comparison Trap” that we all know about. It’s hard for me to keep in mind that intense exercise is not MY healthy right now, especially when other are posting sweaty workouts and pictures.
And, since I’m no longer making sense to myself, and since I have a super early wake up time…I better run!
Have a super Thursday friends!
1. What do you remember about school picture day?
2. Lastest fashion trend you’re loving OR hating? totally loving leggings, boots, and scarves!