Hey, hey, hey! It’s Thursday, which means tomorrow is Friday! Not sure why, but for some reason this week has seemed to drag by for me. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that it’s the first time I’ve worked an entire week since early December?
1. I ate my lunch in the car yesterday, out of tupperware. And I must say, it was lovely. Peace and quiet is hard to come by at lunch time, so I’ll take it when I can get it!
2. Why did I eat lunch in the car? I was chosen by my administrator to attend “Turn-Around” training once a month at the county level. That basically means I go hear a bunch of education mumbo jumbo and then am responsible for “turning it around” and teaching the other teachers at my school what I learned about.
While it does stink to have to make sub plans once a month (don’t get me started on how much extra work THAT can be), it is nice to get out of the classroom occasionally and actually get a lunch break. Since I had some errands to take care of today, I didn’t get to go to lunch with the other teachers at the training, but usually that’s a treat too!
3. My husband is a tech genius. Tuesday night, he installed a new outlet that goes with this home automation gadget thingy I got him for Christmas. I obviously have no clue what it does (I just knew he asked for it!). But I think he can remotely control it from his phone…from ANYWHERE!
There are so many things you can buy to go with the device…thermostats, light bulbs, motion sensors, and so on.
4. I’m trying out a new recipe tonight. It’s called Italian Wonder-pot. I found it on pinterest, and it claims to be quick, easy, AND delicious. I’ll let ya know how it goes!
5. I did Jillian Michael’s Ripped in 30 level 1 dvd yesterday. While it wasn’t too challenging, it did make me work hard and get nice and schwety! After a day of meetings, it was nice to move some. I hear level 4 is intense. We’ll see!
Holy glutes! I hope I can get up once I sit down tomorrow!
7. Like I mentioned earlier, Monday night John and I went to watch my little brother play basketball (and my dad is his coach). It was SO fun chatting away in the stands with my mom and watching the boys play. My mom and I never run out of things to talk about.
About 5 minutes after the game began, one of my sisters who goes to Auburn University (gag…Roll Tide all the way!), which is about 45 minutes from where we were, walked in. What a fun surprise!!
John and I post-game with my brother Jake and sister Anna. And no, I usually don’t over dress this much for basketball games. 😉 No chance to change after work.
8. Did you guys watch The Bachelor on Monday night? I had to record it on the DVR since we were at the basketball game, but we watched it Tuesday night. What did y’all think? That one girl was crazy!!! And Lucy…um, bold much?! I won’t spoil it for those of you who haven’t seen it yet.
Who are your favorites? I like a lot of them. I thought Kat was cute, and Clare too. I also like Chelsea and surprisingly, Renee too.
9. I’m a gum addict. So, if you ever feel like sending me some gum, feel free! My favorites are Extra Sweet Watermelon, Peppermint, and Spearmint. 🙂
10. Well, on that note, I’d better go get my “Wonder-pot” on!
And, because my brother’s dog is the cutest, I’ll leave you with this…
Have a great Thursday friends!!!
1. Bachelor chat – GO!
2. Favorite new recipe you’ve tried?
3. Favorite gum flavors?