- Thank you to all who supported DPES by eating at McCallister’s Deli last Tuesday night. Our next Spirit night is next Monday, September 22nd at Mexico Tipico!
- Effective Monday, Spetember 15th new snack prices in the snack shack. See the DPES website for exact prices.
- Wednesday, September 17th: Constitution Day Assembly, 3rd grade – 8:30 am
- Wednesday, September 17th: Progress Reports Issued
- Box Tops: Please continue to save, cut, and send in Box Tops!!! Thank you so much for all that have already been sent in.
- Scholastic Book Orders: It’s not too late! Follow the directions and order online! The deadline to order from this current form is Sept. 30th. But don’t worry, I will send a new order brochure home each month. Our Class Code: L7VRY
- Wednesday, Sept. 17th – Constitution Day
- Lunch/Snack $$: Please continue to make sure all $$ is sent in a clearly labeled envelope with your child’s name and the purpose of the $$.
- Reading (Comprehension Skill): Compare and Contrast
- Comprehension Strategy: Prior Knowledge
- In Class Reading: Lemonade War chapters 6-7
- Vocabulary Skill: Context Clues for multiple meaning words
- Vocabulary Words: laundry, section, shelves, spoiled, store, thousands, traded, variety
- Skill: Types of Sentences: Exclamatory and Imperative
- Skill: vowel digraphs ee, ea, ay, ai, oa, ow
- Words: clean, agree, teeth, dream, grain, coach, display, window, shadow, cheese, peach, braid, Sudnay, float, thrown, entertain, complain, bleachers, willow, wheat
- CCRS N.O.A. #11 – Addition: break apart method, number line method, estimation method, addition with regrouping, addition of 3+ numbers, addition word problems
- Map Skills – Test
- Begin Plant Unit
- Monday: Spelling Homework, Math Facts Log, Reading Log assigned, Study for Map Skills Test
- Tuesday: Grammar pg. 9
- tests today: Map Skills Test
- Wednesday: Grammar page 10, study vocabulary words for test
- Thursday: Study Spelling Words, subtraction facts, Study for DLR and DMR Quizzes
- tests today - Compare/Contrast and Vocab test, Exclamatory and Imperative Sentences Test
- Tests today: DMR and DLR Quizzes, Practice Subtraction Timed Test, Spelling Test